Happy Healthy Food Friday, my friends! We’re at the mid-way through August mark and ready or not, school is just around the corner (one week for us here in Boston). For the next number of weeks I’m going to be focusing on back-to-school treats for you or your kiddos that are packed with brain foods to keep you going throughout the day. I’ll also be focusing on easy weeknight dinner options including one-pot, make-ahead, and crock-pot meals. I’d love to hear from you guys in the comments below of specifics you are looking for!
Let’s start with an easy breezy no-bake snack that is loaded with healthy whole ingredients and of course, healthy fats, protein, and carbs. Sunflower seeds are a powerhouse and contain awesome health benefits. They also make for a nut-free option to bring to schools that don’t allow nuts!
So what do we have going on here? Easy, no-bake, nut-free, delicious, and packed with nutrients to fuel you up mid-day.
No Bake Nut-Free Powerbites
Write a review
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sunbutter (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 cup mix of dried craneberries, golden raisins, and dark chocolate chips (these or these are great)
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- Roll into balls and let chill, you can perfect the shape further once they chill in the refrigerator
- Remove and enjoy!
- I like to store them in the refrigerator
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.