This Pizza Meatloaf Muffins recipe takes all the flavor of a slice of pizza and makes it in a convenient, hearty and delicious mini meatloaf baked in a muffin tin! They are the perfect make-ahead meal prep for lunch, or a great post work out or after school snack. They are gluten-free, low carb and just what you should be running to the kitchen to cook up right now. Made in partnership with my friends at Ello Products.
Pizza Meatloaf Muffins
We love all things pizza here, so it’s no surprise that these Pizza Meatloaf Muffins are not the first time we’ve taken all the flavor of pizza and created something fun and unique like my Pizza Scramble and Pizza Stuffed Peppers, but this time we wanted to focus on making an amazing meal prep meal!
We love how much pizza flavor we were able to pack in to these meatloaf muffins. We use ground turkey as our base and then mix in pizza sauce, some spices, turkey pepperoni and cheese! A little egg and almond flour help hold it all together and it’s topped off with a bit more cheese and pepperoni and finished under a broiler to get a nice pizza like topping! While you are certainly welcome to make your own pizza sauce, we opted to purchase a good quality brand to make this a little simpler to prepare.
Honestly we loved these for meal prep, a kid-friendly snack or even if you’re feeling adventurous a quick breakfast! You can warm it in a toaster oven, your regular oven or in a microwave on the go. We also enjoyed them cold, but that’s totally up to you!
We of course packed these away in my favorite storage containers. I love love love my Ello DuraGlass Food Storage Containers. With other glass ware I have tried, sometimes the lids don’t pop on well, sometimes they don’t stack easily, and so on. These containers are so well-made and are my new go-to! I also love the silicone colors because they grip well too!
- Perfect for stacking.
- Mighty tough: Silicone sleeve protects glass from chips + scratches.
- Everything tastes better in glass: Won’t stain or smell.
- Nobody likes a lunch bag leak: The clear air tight lids won’t leak.
- Easy-to-pair color match lids: Because life’s already hard enough.
- Wash away: All parts top rack dishwasher safe, sleeve and all. No need to remove sleeve for oven + cleaning!
- Comes in all different sizes: For sides, mains, leftovers, and more!
Safe for cooking: Freezer safe, microwave safe without lid, and oven safe up to 450F without lid.
Free of: BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free.
If you like this meal prep recipe, check out these others:
Watch the video:
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cup turkey pepperoni, divided and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup good-quality pizza sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup turkey pepperoni, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, almond flour, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until fully combined.
- In a muffin tin, place 1/2 cup mixture in 9 tins and smooth the mound on the top. (See note)
- Brush remaining pizza sauce on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until turkey is fully cooked to 165ºF.
- Remove from oven and turn broiler on to high.
- Divide remaining cheese and pepperoni on top of meat muffins and place under broiler until cheese has melted and begun to melt and bubble, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with salad, or fully cool and pack away for meal prep.
- To make smaller portions, divide roughly 1/3 cup batter to fill 12 muffin tins.
This post is sponsored by Ello Products. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!