It’s finally feeling like Spring and this Brussels Sprout Flatbread Pizza is officially on the menu! It’s delicious, packed with greens, and the perfect use for Spring veggies!
Does it seem like an odd combination to you? I promise you, it’s delicious! I tried brussels sprouts on a pizza in New York a few months back, and knew I had to make my own. I love how this has delicious pizza flavor but packs in veggies that you want to nourish your family and friends with! A double win in my book, and perfect for the Spring.
Garlic + Pesto + Local Ricotta & Mozzarella Cheese + Roasted Brussels. Need I say more? It’s the perfect dinner or appetizer for any night.
Have you ever tried brussels sprouts on a pizza?!
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, outer leaves removed and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 cup ricotta cheese, buy local whenever possible
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with oil and salt and roast for 30 minutes until fork tender and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and pulse until combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine tapioca, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and flax. Add in warm water and mix well. Add in palm shortening and egg and mix well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with slipat baking mat or parchment paper; sprinkle with additional tapioca flour.
- Roll the dough into a ball (it'll be somewhat sticky- it's okay).
- Plop the ball onto your baking sheet and cover with an additional peach of parchment paper. Using a roller, gently roll out dough until as thin as you'd like your pizza to be. Don't make it too thin, or it'll be completely crunchy.
- Par-bake for 7 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush the olive oil and minced garlic onto the pizza, then brush the pesto onto the pizza, add both cheeses. brussels sprouts, and red pepper flakes, and bake until cheese is oozing and crust is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- For dairy-free, add additional pesto and omit the cheese.
Loading nutrition data...