This Melon and Prosciutto Salad with Mint Apple Cider Vinaigrette is a flavorful and delicious addition to your summer table! It’s gluten-free and grain-free, and packed with fresh mint, sweet melon, ripe avocado, salty prosciutto, and the most wonderful light vinaigrette dressing.
Melon Prosciutto Salad
This Melon Salad with Prosciutto screams summer! And it also screams delicious: it’s sweet, salty, tangy and creamy! There is so much going on with this salad and in a good way! You want to know what really takes it over the top though? The fresh mint! Seriously, it ties the whole salad together and is NOT TO BE MISSED.
This is the perfect salad to serve up as an appetizer at a summer party but it also works equally as well as a light salad that WILL leave you satisfied.
Here’s what is in this Melon and Prosciutto Salad:
- Olive Oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh Mint
- Honeydew melon
Did you know you need to clean your melons before cutting?
Just in case you didn’t know! Make sure to clean your melons before cutting in them! Whenever you are cutting whole fruit, especially melons, you’ll want to wash the outside of the fruit in case there are any harmful germs on the outside of the fruit. Of course you aren’t eating the melon skin, but you are cutting through it, and the knife can transfer bacteria from the skin into the inner flesh as it gets dragged through! Simple scrub with a vegetable brush with warm water as you would potatoes!
If you like this fresh summer salad recipe, check out these others:
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas (& Green Yogurt Dressing)
- Gluten-Free BLT Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Ahi Tuna Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad [VIDEO]
Melon Salad with Prosciutto
- 2 cups fresh arugula or greens of choice
- 1 cantaloupe, sliced into half moons or cubed
- 1 honeydew melon, diced
- 1 8-ounce container small mozzarella balls
- 15-20 slices prosciutto
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Assemble all salad ingredients on a serving platter.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve with more dressing on the side!
- *You could use feta cheese instead of mozzarella cheese in this recipe!
- *You can mix in honeydew melon
This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid FreshWorks. All opinions are always, 100% my own!