Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
This Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies is a FABULOUS one pan steak dinner that is easy to make, flavor packed, with veggies and steak that are cooked just right! Plus, the balsamic sauce/marinade is our new favorite! It’s gluten-free, a full complete meal, and made with only one pan!
Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
We love sheet pan recipes for so many reasons! When creating this series our main goal was to always have a meal packed with flavor while also being simple to prepare. Yes, there are a few steps to follow in these recipes, but aside from mixing a few ingredients together or chopping a few vegetables the cooking process is mostly hands-off! This means that while dinner is baking in the oven, you can get ahead on some household chores or spend some times with the family instead of standing over the stove babysitting a recipe. Check out the tips below to make sheet pan cooking a breeze.
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! Most recipes require different cooking times, so make sure to use a timer so you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when your adding anything in to the oven.
- Do the prep ahead of time: Cut vegetables, make sauce or mix spices the night before or that morning if you are looking to speed up the process when it comes time for the actual cooking.
- Use parchment paper to make clean up a breeze.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
Can you use another cut of steak/beef?
Yes!! You can use sirloin tips (my favorite – see below) or steak tips of choice!
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes)
- Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
Wondering how to get Sirloin Steak Tips? I add them monthly or every two months, in my ButcherBox and they are the best quality! Each month, ButcherBox curates a one-of-a-kind selection of the healthiest, tastiest meats, humanely raised and free of antibiotics and hormones. Or you can customize your box and select your favorite cuts and get 20% more meat.The price works out to less than $6.00/meal and shipping is always free. You can also space it out so it’s not every 4 weeks, too!
- Get FREE bacon
- FREE Shipping
- $15 OFF!
Order Today and try out this amazing deal!
Sheet Pan Steak Tips with Veggies
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (see note)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, plucked from the stem
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For Steak and Veggies
- 1 lb Butcher Box Sirloin Steak Tips, about 1-1/2" in diameter pieces (see note)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4" rings
- 2 cups baby potatoes, halved or quartered to be similar in size (about 3/4" is what we used)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, de-stemmed and seeded, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut to 2"
- 1 summer squash or zucchini, sliced to 1/4" rings
- In a high-speed blender place vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, dijon and blend until combined.
- Once combined, slowly add in olive oil until it is fully emulsified. Set aside.
For Steak and Veggies:
- In a medium bowl, place steak tips with 1/2 of marinade and combine. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Fº and lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes and onions with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- To the bowl, add asparagus, peppers, zucchini, 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt and placed on rimmed baking sheet and toss around with onions and potatoes. Continue baking for 10 - 15 minutes, making sure that the potatoes are cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Pre-heat broiler on high for at least 5 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to each side of the sheet pan. Place marinated steak in the center of the pan, and discard extra vinaigrette from bowl.
- Place sheet pan on top rack below the broiler and broil for 5 minutes.
- Flip sirloin tips to the other side and continue to broil for another 3 minutes, or until cooked through to your desired temperature. We cooked ours to about 135ºF and let it come up to 145ºF when resting.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with extra balsamic vinaigrette.
- We recommend buying a high-quality balsamic vinegar, as it truly makes a difference in the flavor of the finished dish.
- If the size of your steak tips differs from about 1-1/2" in diameter you may need to adjust the broiling time to get your desired temperature. If they are smaller, broil for less time.