This Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas is a super easy weeknight dinner is a crowd pleaser: juicy steak tips roasted alongside classic fajita style vegetables! A set it and forget it dinner that you can customize for serving based off your own dietary needs compatible with Whole30, Paleo and Keto diets.
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
We never get sick of using one of our favorite kitchen tools: the mighty sheet pan! This hands-off cooking method makes getting a delicious meal on the table simple and the clean up is a breeze. We just love that utilizing the sheet pan allows for unattended cooking, giving us EXTRA time in our busy lives. This Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas recipe is no different! It’s a classic fajitas made easy in one pan in the oven!
There are so many different ways you can serve this up to, which we love!
- On a low-carb kick? Serve it up with cauli-rice!
- Have kids? Serving it with tortilla (either gluten/grain-free, corn, or your favorite tortilla) works well here!
- Want to do meal prep? Making a batch of rice to pack this away with makes this a great make ahead lunch of dinner for the week.
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! This way you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when you need to add anything for the next step.
- Do the prep ahead of time: Cut vegetables, make sauce or mix spices the night before or that morning if you are looking to speed up the process when it comes time for the actual cooking.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
Meal Prep Containers:
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes)
- Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Cod and Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Wondering how to get Sirloin Steak Tips? I add them monthly or every two months, in my ButcherBox and they are the best quality!
Each month, ButcherBox curates a one-of-a-kind selection of the healthiest, tastiest meats, humanely raised and free of antibiotics and hormones. Or you can customize your box and select your favorite cuts and get 20% more meat.The price works out to less than $6.00/meal and shipping is always free. You can also space it out so it’s not every 4 weeks, too!
Enjoy the best 100% grass-fed and grass-finished filet mignons, plus get tasty uncured, sugar and nitrate free bacon & $10 off your first ButcherBox! ButcherBox delivers your meat for the month, saves you money, and is the best quality!
- Get FREE bacon
- FREE Shipping
- $15 OFF!
Order Today and get this amazing deal and the best meat ever!
- 3 bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds steak tips (about 1” by 2” pieces)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- tortillas, for serving
- avocado, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- white rice, or cauliflower rice, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Fº and lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl toss together 1 tablespoon oil, peppers, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the remaining spices. Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile to the bowl, add steak tips and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and lime juice. Set aside to marinate while the peppers are cooking.
- Remove pepper mixture from oven once done and pre-heat broiler on high.
- Move the vegetables to each side of the sheet pan. Place steak in the center of the pan in one even layer.
- Place sheet pan on top rack below the broiler and broil for 5 minutes.
- Flip tips to the other side and continue to broil for another 3-5 minutes minutes, or until cooked through to your desired temperature. We cooked ours to about 145ºF (and let it come up to 155ºF when resting).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortillas, avocado and lime wedges and cauli-rice or white rice.
- For meal prep pack containers and let cool completely before covering.
Pin it for later: