Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/thai-chicken-lettuce-wraps-with-paleo-peanut-sauce/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
With bold flavor and super fresh ingredients, these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for meal prep for lunch or for a flavorful dinner. Marinated chicken is cooked together with Thai flavors, cabbage, bean sprouts and carrots before being placed inside of a lettuce wrap. Top with a creamy peanut sauce to really spice it up!
- Add diced chicken, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, green parts of scallions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to a bowl. Let marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. One hot add mushrooms and cook, until all of the liquid has been evaporated.
- Add in cabbage and big pinch of salt and pepper and cook an addition 3 minutes, until beginning to soften. Move cabbage mixture to the edges of the pan.
- Add in the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the pan, and once hot add in the chicken pieces (leaving any remaining marinade behind in the bowl). Cook chicken until no pink remains, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in bean sprouts, and carrots and let cook until the bean sprouts are slightly wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh basil and remaining green parts of the scallions.
- Meanwhile make “peanut” sauce: add nut butter, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons hot water to a bowl and whisk together. Add in more hot water if needed to reach desired sauce consistency.
- To assemble: Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and fill with thai chicken. Drizzle with “peanut” sauce and garnish with additional basil or cilantro and sesame seeds. Or let cool completely and use as meal prep.
- For Whole30 and Paleo use almond butter.
- See the post for how to use this meal as make ahead meal prep.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.