Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/thai-curry-soup-recipe/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, coconut oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 inch stalk lemongrass (white part), minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch chunk ginger, minced
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 2-3 medium bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup snap peas
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 13-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 thai birds eye chilis, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 large zucchinis or summer squashes, spiraled (about 13 ounces)
- Optional: 1 to 2 cups cooked rice noodles (about 7 ounces uncooked)
- Additional basil leaves, for garnish
- Additional cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Additional lime wedges, for garnish
- Additional red pepper flakes, for garnish
In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and sauté lemongrass, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes until flagrant.
Add in mushrooms, bok choy, bean sprouts, and snap peas. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
Add in broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, curry powder, chilis, basil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Add in shrimp and mix until shrimp becomes opaque.
Add in spiralized summer squash or zucchinis, and rice noodles if adding.
Taste and adjust salt and spices as desired. Garnish and serve hot.
Loading nutrition data...