Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/turkey-wild-rice-soup/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 tablespoon butter or avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced to 1/4"
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 5 cups turkey bone broth or regular broth
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast (leftover thanksgiving turkey works great for this, or shredded chicken works as well)
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, over medium heat and add butter/oil.
- When hot add onions, carrots, celery and salt and pepper to the pot and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, parsley and 4 cups of the turkey bone broth, fish sauce, and rice.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the turkey and simmer, uncovered, another 30-50 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and add more broth if needed.
- This recipe was developed for thanksgiving leftovers, but it will work great with leftover chicken as well!
- To make Homemade Turkey Bone Broth:
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 large onion, halved
- 2 large carrots, halved
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 6-8 cups water (depending on your size of Instant Pot)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- For Instant Pot: Combine all ingredients in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. Use the natural release function.
- On Stove Top: Simmer all ingredients away for 4-6 hours.
Loading nutrition data...