- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Amino
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 lbs. grass-fed short rib boneless or bone-in*
Spicy Mayo (for serving):
- 1/4 cup homemade mayo or store-bought avocado oil mayo
- 2-4 teaspoons sriracha depending on desired level of spice
In a medium bowl, mix together marinade ingredients.
Place oven on broil setting (high). Season meat generously with sea salt and pepper. Place on a sheet pan under the broiler for 4 minutes on each side, until tops are browned.
Place meat into your slow cooker.
Pour marinade over, pour in beef or chicken broth, and set on low for 8-10 hours.
Once done, shred meat off bones for tacos, or serve over Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Often you get more flavor with bone-in meat, but either will work perfectly for this dish!
Calories: 454kcalCarbohydrates: 19.6gProtein: 13.6gFat: 35.5gSaturated Fat: 13.7gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 516mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5.6g