- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large carrots diced fine
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- For serving: with fresh parmesan and basil
- 4 large organic zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
Add meat to saucepan and let cook until no pink remains.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning and remove from heat.
In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in zucchini noodles and big pinch of salt and pepper and let cook for 2-3 minutes. The zucchini noodles will continue to cook once you take them off the heat.
Transfer zucchini noodles to a plate, and top with meat sauce, fresh basil, and parmesan if using and serve immediately.
Calories: 398kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 42gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 900mgFiber: 8gSugar: 16g