- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups 192 grams almond flour
- 1 tablespoon 7 grams coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini or 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla, and applesauce. Add in almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder to combine.
Fold in grated zucchini and dark chocolate.
Fill muffin liners with a heaping 1/4 cup of batter and bake for 20 minutes.
This post was originally published in May 2014, and updated and republished in August 2019 with new photographs.
Calories: 125kcalCarbohydrates: 16.4gProtein: 3.4gFat: 5.9gSaturated Fat: 1.7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 69mgFiber: 1.6gSugar: 12g