- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion or leek finely diced
- 5 ribs celery diced
- 5 large carrots diced
- 1 1/2 inch chunk ginger grated or minced
- 9 cups chicken bone broth or veggie broth homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more to taste
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Optional: 3 cups kale or spinach roughly chopped
- Optional: 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Optional: Parsley for garnish
In your dutch oven
heat oil and garlic for 1 minute.
Add in onions or leeks, carrots, ginger, and celery, let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
Add in broth and spices. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add optional kale, spinach, or chicken then let simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Squeeze in lemon juice.
Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- If the ginger, garlic, and turmeric made the flavors stronger than you desire, add additional bone broth or water.
Calories: 137kcalCarbohydrates: 11.7gFat: 5.7gSaturated Fat: 1.1gSodium: 1200mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3.8g