- 2 cups stone-ground cornmeal or cornflour 283 grams
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour 60 grams
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup finely diced jalapeños
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a muffin tin with butter, then set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until fully combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, and cooled butter until fully combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then whisk until fully incorporated.
Fold in cheese and jalapeños.
Divide the batter evenly into the buttered muffin tin, then bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
Let cool slightly before serving!
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 244mgPotassium: 88mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 182IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 1mg