Zesty Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour (flax meal makes a great substitution)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese*
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine almond meal/flour and all spices.
- In a separate bowl crack 1 egg and add 1/4 tsp water, whisk together well.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Dredge the chicken pieces into the egg and toss until fully covered.
- Transfer chicken pieces to the spice mixture and coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet; repeat until all are coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then flip chicken bites over and cook for another 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Serving Size: As served
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.9g
- Cholesterol: 142g