Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/zucchini-spaghetti/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Zucchini Linguine with Meat Sauce
This Zucchini Spaghetti with Homemade Meat Sauce is a delicious and hearty meal your family will LOVE! Low carb, grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free if you omit the cheese. The meat sauce is cooked up quickly and is served over lightened up zucchini noodles making for a healthy weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, diced fine
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- For serving: with fresh parmesan and basil
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning and remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in zucchini noodles and big pinch of salt and pepper and let cook for 2-3 minutes. The zucchini noodles will continue to cook once you take them off the heat.
- Transfer zucchini noodles to a plate, and top with meat sauce, fresh basil, and parmesan if using and serve immediately.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.