- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 8 skin-on bone-in organic chicken parts
- 2 lemons 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup artichokes in juice
- Optional: 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch fine sea salt more to taste
- Pinch freshly ground pepper more to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425 °F.
In a medium dutch oven, heat oil over high heat. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes.
Pat chicken dry and season well with salt and pepper. In stages, sear chicken on both sides. Should be around 5 minutes each side.
In a bowl whisk together lemon juice, lemon slices, artichokes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and pepper.
Add the seared chicken back into the pan and pour the lemon juice/artichoke mixture over it. Sprinkle with additional freshly ground pepper, sea salt, and Italian seasoning.
Roast, uncovered, in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and no pink remains.
Serve hot and enjoy!
To make the chicken have extra color, broil on high for 1-2 minutes after roasting.
Serving: 1/4 recipeCalories: 236kcalCarbohydrates: 5.8gProtein: 18gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 230mgFiber: 2.3gSugar: 1.5g