- 8 hardboiled eggs see notes
- 2 cups spinach sautéed and cooled
- 1 onion sliced, caramelized, and cooled (see notes)
- 1 can Genova tuna in olive oil liquid removed
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced scallions more for garnish
- 1/3 cup good quality mayo more as needed
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard more to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika more as garnish
- 1 head bibb lettuce washed
- 1 Avocado for garnish
Chop eggs and place in a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
Using a spatula, mix well. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Place in a serving bowl.
Carefully remove the leaves from head of lettuce. Place a generous scoop of egg salad into the lettuce and devour. You can top with a sprinkle of paprika, slices of scallion, and avocado!
How to harboil eggs in an Instant Pot: Place 1 cup of water in your pressure cooker and add in a steamer insert. Place one layer of eggs onto the insert. Cover the Instant Pot. Click manual and set for 7 minutes on high pressure. After 7 minutes, release the quick release valve. Open the lid and using tongs place the eggs in a large bowl filled with ice-water. Gently peel off shell and store in the fridge until ready to use.
How to steam hardboil eggs on the stovetop: Place 1-inch of water into a pot lined with a steamer insert. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add eggs and cook for 11 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a large bowl filled with ice-water. Gently peel off shell and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Caramelized onions: In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of grass-fed butter with onions. Sauté on medium-low heat until onions begin to caramelize and brown, but not burn. Yields about 1 cup of caramelized onions.
Serving: 6gCalories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 10.7gProtein: 17gFat: 19.4gSaturated Fat: 4.3gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 400mgFiber: 3.4gSugar: 3g