- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 large carrots finely diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- Optional: 1 zucchini diced
- Optional: 2 celery sticks minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- At the end add spinach
1. Heat oil and sauté veggies for about 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
2. Add in the meat and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
3. Add in spices and mix to combine. Add in the salsa.
4. Seal the lid and then cook under high pressure for 15 minutes.
5. Turn the knob to quick release. Add in spinach while hot and mix until wilted.
6. Serve with your favorite taco fixins' and enjoy!
Taco fixin' ideas: grain-free tortillas, lettuce, tomato, cheese, jalapeños, scallions, avocado, cilantro, lime.
Note: If your meat is very fatty, you may want to drain it before adding the spices and salsa.
Make it in the slower cooker: In a skillet, sauté veggies and brown the meat. Add everything into your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serving: 6gCalories: 201kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 23gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 400mgFiber: 2.5gSugar: 4g