This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Want to make the BEST taco meat ever? This taco meat recipe is loaded with hidden veggies and is made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker! It comes together in under 30 minutes and tastes like your favorite classic, indulgent taco meat! It’s whole30-compliant and a recipe the whole family will love!
How To Make The BEST Taco Meat (Instant Pot)
Growing up I LOVED Taco Bell. Yes, you read that right. I have given up my love for Taco Bell, but I haven’t given up my love for classic beef tacos. This taco meat recipe tastes like the classic taco meat you love, but made healthy and delicious. From one taco lover to another, I promise you’ll love this recipe! You are going to love how quickly this taco meat is to make, and how you sneak all the veggies into your families taco night!
Watch the video:
P.S. Did you know you can see all of my pressure cooker recipes in one spot? Find them all here!
What spices do you put in taco meat?
- chili powder
- Optional: cayenne pepper!
How much liquid do you need in an instant pot?
- Usually about 1 cup!
If you like this Instant Pot recipe, try these favorites:
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Beef Barbacoa
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken Cacciatore
How do you make the best tacos?
Follow this recipe and I promise you will have the BEST taco night ever!
How To Make The BEST Taco Meat (In The Instant Pot!)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 large carrots finely diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- Optional: 1 zucchini diced
- Optional: 2 celery sticks minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- At the end add spinach
- 1. Heat oil and sauté veggies for about 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- 2. Add in the meat and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- 3. Add in spices and mix to combine. Add in the salsa.
- 4. Seal the lid and then cook under high pressure for 15 minutes.
- 5. Turn the knob to quick release. Add in spinach while hot and mix until wilted.
- 6. Serve with your favorite taco fixins' and enjoy!
This is the only way I make tacos now! Love this recipe, it’s so yummy and flavorful. And it’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies for my husband. My 18 month old loves it too!