- 1 medium yellow potato diced to 1/2"
- 1 small sweet potato diced to 1/2"
- 1 onion diced to 1/2"
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- pinch cayenne optional
- 1-15 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 fully-cooked chorizo sausages
- 4 organic pasture-raised eggs
Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
In a large bowl combine diced potato, sweet potato, onion, avocado oil, and all spices. Toss to combine and pour onto a rimmed baking sheet.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove pan and add beans to potato mixture and using a spoon combine on the pan. Move the mixture to one side of the sheet pan add the whole chorizo sausage to the other. Return to oven for 10 minutes. (see note)
Remove from oven and create four small divots in potatoes to crack the eggs. Crack eggs in the divots and return to oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. Bake until eggs are cooked for desired texture. 8 minutes are soft runny yellow yolks. 10 minutes for more fully baked eggs.
If you prefer to slice up the chorizo and bake the slices instead of the whole chorizo you can do that at this step.
Omit beans for Whole30 and Paleo.
Serving: 4gCalories: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 29.4gProtein: 24.7gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7.6gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 932mgFiber: 5.4gSugar: 3.7g