- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless grass-fed chuck cubed
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or flour of choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper more to taste
- Optional: 3 large yukon gold potatoes diced
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Sear meat for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned. Set aside.
Place meat and vegetables in the crock pot
Add in broth, tomato paste, tapioca, and spices. Mix well to combine.
Set on low for 8-10 hours.
After 7 hours, taste and adjust spices to your liking (i.e. add additional salt, cayenne, or red pepper flakes).
Remove bay leaf and serve hot!
Calories: 397kcalCarbohydrates: 12.3gProtein: 44gFat: 18.5gSaturated Fat: 5.4gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 722mgFiber: 3.8gSugar: 5.1g