This Slow-Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect healthy comfort food for cold days!
The Slow Cooker is an amazing phenomenon in my opinion. Even some of my guy friends who aren’t big cookers use it! Throw all the ingredients in with the right flavor combo and BOOM, perfect stew.
This stew is: hearty, flavorful, tender melt-in-your-mouth beef, and packed with veggies! It is also paleo-friendly, dairy-free, whole30 compliant and has no sugar added… does it get any better than that?
I love making this soup at the beginning of the week and enjoy it all week long!
Do you use a crockpot? What’s your favorite thing to make in it?
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless grass-fed chuck, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or flour of choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, more to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Sear meat for about 3 minutes on each side, until brown. Set aside.
- Place meat and vegetables in the crockpot
- Add in broth, tomato paste, tapioca, and spices
- Mix well to combine
- Set on low for 8-10 hours
- After 7 hours, taste and adjust spices to your liking (i.e. add additional salt, cayenne, or red pepper flakes)
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!