- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1-½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock more as needed
- 2 cups diced green beans about 1” pieces
- 1 large russet potato peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced cauliflower florets
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- Big handful of baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
Heat oil over medium heat in a dutch oven. Once hot, add onion and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes, until beginning to soften.
Add in carrots and celery, let cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until soft and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Add in salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and diced tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add in broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Add in green beans, potato, cauliflower and kidney beans and let simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
Add in spinach and let simmer until cooked through. Add in more broth for desired soup consistency.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving: 1bowlCalories: 88kcalCarbohydrates: 15.9gProtein: 4.2gFat: 2.2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gSodium: 233mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8g