- 1 spaghetti squash about 4 pounds
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach fresh or defrosted if frozen
- 1 cup canned or frozen artichokes drained and chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese or 1/3 cup cashew cream with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast for dairy-free
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese omit for dairy-free
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken optional
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or gruyere cheese omit for dairy-free
Cook spaghetti squash using these
Meanwhile, make spinach and artichoke mixture: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add in spinach and artichokes and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper and add cream cheese (or cashew cream) and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Preheat the broiler on high.
Once spaghetti squash is cooked and cooled enough to handle scoop out the squash into a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese (if using), chicken (if using) and spinach artichoke mixture. Mix together gently until fully combined.
Either divide the mixture into the now empty squash shells and top with mozzarella cheese or place in an 8" x 8" oven safe casserole dish.
Place under the broiler until the cheese and melted and the mixture is completely heated through.
Serving: 1/4 recipeCalories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 12.8gProtein: 30gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 222mgFiber: 3.5gSugar: 1g