Homemade Nutella… can I get a HUGE yes?! Hazelnuts are delicious. They contain health benefits and well, combined with good quality chocolate and good-for-you ingredients you essentially have a healthier version of the amazing Nutella. Only it tastes EVEN better. I promise.
Homemade Paleo Nutella
Chocolatey hazelnut flavor, spreadable, and amazing. Don’t forget a spoonful (or two) while it’s warm!
Want other chocolate recipes?
How to make Homemade Nutella
Spread homemade Nutella on:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400
- 2. Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, watching closely to avoid the hazelnuts burning
- 3. Remove from the oven and place into a towel- rub and shake until the brown skin starts to come off
- 4. Once mostly removed (don't worry if there are a few stubborn ones)
- 5. Place roasted hazelnuts in the food processor and process until it becomes a smooth butter (5-7 minutes)
- 6. Add in oil, palm sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, and salt
- 7. Blend for another 2-3 minutes until smooth
- 8. Heat chocolate over the stove or microwave; pour into the food processor, along with the honey, and blend until smooth (5 minutes or more)
- 9. Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks*
- 10. Let cool completely before serving (but definitely try it warm!)
- *Store in either the refrigerator or in a cabinet
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.