Pumpkin + cinnamon bun filling + ooey gooey glaze = some serious muffin perfection.
The next few Healthy Food Fridays with American Express are going to be filled with all things pumpkin because Fall is here and pumpkin anything is just wonderful.
So, let’s kick off our little pumpkin series with these muffins. They are everything you want in a sticky cinnamon roll made simple and with less guilt. 😉
Pumpkin Sticky Bun Muffins
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and sea salt
- Add in eggs and pumpkin and mix well to combine
- Mix in maple syrup and vanilla
- Pour batter into muffin liners (I like these or these), fill fairly close to the top
- Drop a teaspoon of the filling in the center of each muffin
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Whisk together glaze and drizzle over muffins before serving
- Make your own HERE.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American Express are my own.
Sweet or savory pumpkin recipes?
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or homemade)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
Loading nutrition data...