As the new year approaches it’s always useful to take some time to slow down and reflect on the year. It’s also a useful time to gear up and set intentions for the new year and in this post we are going to do all of that!
Reflecting on 2018
If you’ve read my 2016 year in review and my 2017 year in review, you may remember they were both jam-packed years filled with milestones like a cookbook release, marriage, personal growth, and much more. Let’s look at 2018, shall we?
2018 was quite a year. I learned so much about myself personally, about how I can better help all of you, and so much more!
- We have a team! We have Kelli (get to know Kelli below) and newly we have Gabby (our expert nutritionist who you’ll get to know in 2019)! We also have Nicki (our Pinterest expert and manager), Brita (who makes our amazing videos) and Laurie (our Facebook manager)! LCK runs smoothly because of each of these ladies.
- We shared 3 new posts every week!
- We shared 1-2 new cooking videos every single week!
- I got personal here.
- We started an LCK Book Club!
- I grew my Beautycounter business and have an amazing team of 40+ women changing the beauty industry!!! It’s one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had, which says a lot because being a teacher was SO rewarding, and my day-in-day-out job of helping you live a healthy and happy life is BEYOND rewarding. I am so grateful I get to do this every day and I do not take for granted. Want to learn more about this opportunity? Email me! Beauty@lexiscleankitchen.com!
- I started seeing a therapist and it was the best decision I could have made. More on this in 2019!
- We connected with so many different brands who are creating amazing and delicious products.
- I traveled to a lot of places! Italy, Missouri, Charleston, Atlanta, Maine, Texas, Arizona, many New York trips, Aruba, and more.
Top 10 Posts This Year:
- Lettuce Wrap Sandwiches
- Everything Bagel Cauliflower Rolls
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Lemon Vegetable Risotto
- Italian Style Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Sausage Peppers and Onions
- 3 Ingredient Breakfast Skillet
- Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
- Easy Blueberry Jam
Our Favorite Recipes of 2018:
- The BEST Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Hot and Sour Soup
- The BEST Gluten-Free Birthday Cakes – Vanilla & Chocolate
- Cookie Truffles
- 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs
- Homemade Pop Tarts
- Easy Meringue Cookies
- Cauliflower Parmesan
- Sheet pan Marinated Steak Tips & Veggies
You might already know Kelli if you are in our Private Facebook Group, or if you follow me Instagram and Instagram stories, but let’s meet her, because she is a huge part of the LCK team and you will just absolutely love her so much! Kelli has been working here for over a year, and she has not only become a huge asset and part of LCK, but also a dear friend.
Kelli’s Title: Kelli is our Food Editor and newly works on Brand Relations. She heads up our recipe development in collaboration with me which includes cooking, testing, tasting, researching, and so much more. In addition, Kelli also helps with writing, editing, overseeing projects, and planning out content and strategy here at LCK. Man, she wears a lot of hats here! What’s amazing about this is Kelli’s background: she is a trained baker and chef, has a degree in marketing and political communication, a love for helping others, and a real vision for the growth and future of our brand. And that’s the short version! Kelli resides in Boston with her husband John and two children, Lilia (5) and Joaquin (3).
I started at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen last fall as a seasoned cook and baker but was very new to the gluten-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar free world. I had joined the team in a very part-time capacity while I took a break for the winter season from my pie business. After a few months working alongside Lexi in the kitchen, after suffering severe symptoms for quite a while, I was diagnosed with multiple food allergies that would change the course of my life and professional career. While on a personal level these food allergies were devastating to accept (and I’ve only just now started to talk publicly about it), it was just so serendipitous that I was working at a job that already accommodated the swaps I needed to make in my own personal life and accordingly I already had those tools I needed in my back pocket to implement those changes thanks to unending support and teaching by Lexi.
Since then I’ve really fallen in love with developing the best possible recipes for our readers and exploring what it means to help out in all the different capacities that I am able to here at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen. I love developing, cooking and tasting recipes alongside Lexi in the kitchen and look forward to all the exciting growth that is to come here at this site over the next year!
I also love getting to know you all more in our private facebook group and look forward to continuing to grow with you all!
Wishing you all a health-filled happy New Year!
What to Expect in 2019:
2019 is going to be an amazing year over here! We are going to have some MAJOR (awesome) growth that we know you all will love, more recipes, more lifestyle content, sharing more about our lives that will he helpful for you, more nutrition based content, and so much more. A new and improved website, new branding (hint hint), new team members, and some things we cannot yet reveal! Stay tuned, we are so excited for you to see what we’ve been working on!
Personally: I want to read more, meditate daily, say no when it’s not a hell yes, say yes when it’s exciting even if it’s out of my comfort zone, get organized, commit to exercising 4x week, take time for myself, and shut off at night! What are your goals for 2019?
Connect with us!
- Not following us online yet?
- Join our email list and get our awesome weekly newsletter
- Take our Reader Survey so we can better serve YOU in 2019!