Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
This Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi is the perfect Summer seafood dish! The marinate and sauce are loaded with bright Summer flavors of lemon, herbs, garlic, tomatoes and spinach! If you are looking for a delicious recipe for weekend BBQing, this one is definitely a winner!
Scampi has always been one of my favorite dishes to order when out. Once I stopped eating gluten, I stopped ordering it! Now that I tolerate some rice pasta, it’s game on again. If you aren’t eating rice pasta, serve this over zucchini noodles for a low carb option! Get creative and add-in any seasonal veggies you have on hand, too!
The seafood marinates in the most fabulous fresh marinade, then it’s off to the grill! Whip up the sauce, then the veggies, make the pasta, combine and devour! The perfect meal.Print
Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped, set more aside for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 marinade ingredients
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Other Ingredients::
- 1 pound wild salmon filet, skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz gluten-free linguine or fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Place all marinade ingredients except for thinly sliced lemon in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well mixed. Pour half of the marinade in medium saucepan and set aside.
- Pat the salmon and shrimp dry and sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Add the salmon and shrimp to the marinade and toss well until well coated. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, bring the marinade ingredients in the saucepan to a simmer. Add in the chicken stock and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add in spinach and cook over medium-low heat, just until the spinach has wilted. Take the sauce off-heat and set-aside until ready to serve.
- Once fish is done marinating, assemble the skewers. Place the salmon on first, then the shrimp, and then the sliced lemon. We fold over the sliced lemon to make it easier to lay on the grill. Assemble the skewers in that pattern until all of the salmon and shrimp are used up. Place the skewers on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until opaque and just cooked through.
- Take the grilled shrimp and salmon off the skewers and place in a large mixing bowl, add in sauce and linguine and toss well. Top with roughly chopped parsley for garnish and serve.
You can substitute the brown rice noodles for zucchini noodles or any other noodles of choice!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 553mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Cholesterol: 177mg
June 21, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!