This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi is the perfect Summer seafood dish! The marinate and sauce are loaded with bright Summer flavors of lemon, herbs, garlic, tomatoes and spinach! If you are looking for a delicious recipe for weekend BBQing, this one is definitely a winner!
Scampi has always been one of my favorite dishes to order when out. Once I stopped eating gluten, I stopped ordering it! Now that I tolerate some rice pasta, it’s game on again. If you aren’t eating rice pasta, serve this over zucchini noodles for a low carb option! Get creative and add-in any seasonal veggies you have on hand, too!
The seafood marinates in the most fabulous fresh marinade, then it’s off to the grill! Whip up the sauce, then the veggies, make the pasta, combine and devour! The perfect meal.
Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped, set more aside for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 marinade ingredients
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 pound wild salmon filet skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz gluten-free linguine or fettuccine pasta cooked according to package instructions
- Place all marinade ingredients except for thinly sliced lemon in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well mixed. Pour half of the marinade in medium saucepan and set aside.
- Pat the salmon and shrimp dry and sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Add the salmon and shrimp to the marinade and toss well until well coated. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, bring the marinade ingredients in the saucepan to a simmer. Add in the chicken stock and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add in spinach and cook over medium-low heat, just until the spinach has wilted. Take the sauce off-heat and set-aside until ready to serve.
- Once fish is done marinating, assemble the skewers. Place the salmon on first, then the shrimp, and then the sliced lemon. We fold over the sliced lemon to make it easier to lay on the grill. Assemble the skewers in that pattern until all of the salmon and shrimp are used up. Place the skewers on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until opaque and just cooked through.
- Take the grilled shrimp and salmon off the skewers and place in a large mixing bowl, add in sauce and linguine and toss well. Top with roughly chopped parsley for garnish and serve.
This is definitely going to be my next favorite recipe!!
I NEED to try this! So light and flavorful for summer!!
My two favorite seafoods together–salmon and shrimp!
My grill’s going to be well used this Summer. Thank you soooo much for sharing this great recipe!
Beautiful! So simple yet so much flavor and nutrition and satisfaction. Love it!