This Pecan Popcorn Chicken makes for the perfect kid-friendly snack! Looking for flavorful, crispy, tender, and juicy popcorn chicken? This recipe is for you! Made in partnership with the American Pecan Council!
When I think of popcorn chicken, I think of KFC. Though I would certainly not eat that now, I wanted this popcorn chicken recipe to be reminiscent of the crunchy, crispy exterior, with a tender, juicy center! This recipe is just that!
These chicken nuggets, or popcorn chicken bites, are nutrient-dense, so you’ll feel GOOD about serving these! Pecans are lower in carbs and higher in fiber compared to many other nuts, and they’re among the highest in monounsaturated fats, including the beneficial oleic acid that’s found in olive oil!
Dairy-free, Grain-free, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly! Plus, that Cajun Garlic Dipping Sauce is truly AMAZING.
1. Mix all ingredients for the pecan mixture in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place arrowroot flour and egg white mixture in two separate mixing bowls and set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set next to the three mixing bowls.
4. Place chicken in the egg mixture, dredge in arrowroot flour, place back into the egg mixture and then dredge in the pecan mixture. Make sure to coat the chicken generously in the pecan mixture.
5. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Splash a drop of water in it, if it sizzles, it is ready to go!
6. Carefully, place the chicken in the hot skillet and fry for about 8-10 minutes, or until outside is golden and no pink remains. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
6. While chicken is cooking, place the Cajun garlic dipping sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until just combined. Taste and adjust lemon and spices as necessary. Pour into desired serving cups and set aside until ready to eat.
7. Serve warm!
*Bake the chicken poppers instead of frying!
Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to the top rack of the oven and broil on high for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the outside is golden.
Loading nutrition data...
This post is sponsored by the American Pecan Council. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
This Herb Chicken and Candied Pecan Salad is the perfect low-carb, flavorful, and tasty Summer salad! With a little bit of crunch, a hint of sweet, and a lot of flavor, this salad is my new favorite! Made in partnership with the American Pecan Council!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at the American Pecan Council to bring you today’s delicious salad. I am seriously obsessed with this one!
Pecans are one of my all-time favorite nuts. Their crisp and buttery texture and naturally sweet taste makes them my go-to for salads and other savory dishes.
They are low in carbs, high in fiber, and they contain the same heart-healthy unsaturated fats that are found in other nuts, but they’re among the highest in monounsaturated fats, including the beneficial oleic acid that’s found in olive oil!
Another fun fact? Pecans have 3 grams of protein per ounce and 11% daily value of fiber per ounce! A heart healthy, nutritious snack that is so delicious!
These candied pecans are next level amazing. You may remember my gift giving series this December. I packaged similar candied pecans as little gifts and they were an absolute hit. They’re even better in a salad!
I love this salad because it uses tons of fresh herbs from my garden and CSA, local mixed greens, and an AMAZING dressing.
A little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty, plus the candied pecan crunch!
Toss pecans in the frothed egg white mixture first and then place in spice mixture until evenly coated. Place on sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes. The pecans should be well coated in the maple sugar.
Place chicken on a greased grill or grill pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through. If using a grill pan, make sure to cover the chicken to ensure even cooking. Take chicken off heat, slice, and set aside until ready to eat.
While chicken cooks, whisk salad dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
Assemble all salad ingredients on a serving platter of choice. Save half of the candied pecans for snacking! Drizzle with shallot vinaigrette (1/4 cup or more, as desired) and devour!
Loading nutrition data...