T-O-M-O-R-R-O-W! I’m not just giddy about waking up to it being Valentine’s Day, I’m also giddy that I get to eat these and not care! I mean, if I eat the whole batch I’ll likely care, but it’s Valentine’s Day and I’ll eat chocolate if I want to- know what I’m saying?
This is the last month of American Express‘ collaboration with Whole Foods Market. Remember from previous posts? You’ll get additional cash back (for a few more days) when you use your enrolled American Express Blue Cash card at WFM! But act fast as this offer expires on February 15. Enroll here! This month, let’s use our ingredient CHOCOLATE, not just two, but three ways!
Chocolate Cupcakes that are moist and perfectly sweetened.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting that is rich and decadent.
Chocolate Heart Toppers that are the perfect festive addition to your cupcakes!
Perfect chocolate cupcakes topped with decadent chocolate buttercream with festive heart toppers. The perfect treat for your valentine!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream and Heart Toppers
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks, I use Enjoy Life's, Guittards, or Whole Foods brand
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk, more as needed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, excluding the chocolate chunks
- Add in wet ingredients and whisk together
- Add in chocolate chips
- Pour into muffin liners halfway
- Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before frosting
- Cream softened butter until fluffy
- Add in full-fat coconut milk until light and fluffy
- Add in vanilla and melted chocolate
- Add in cocoa powder and powder sugar until frosting is light, fluffy, and whipped
- Frost cupcakes
- Store frosting in the refrigerator and let come to room temperature before using
Heart Toppers Directions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt chocolate and draw hearts, letters, etc.*
- Gently stick toppers into frosting
- Store in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving
- *I use these squeeze bottles to draw the hearts and letters, you can do it without, though!
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/