I’m a big time brisket fan. It started out as one of our traditional Jewish holiday menu items for my family, and has slowly evolved into a meal that I love to throw in my crock-pot anytime of year. Plus, it makes really, really awesome tacos, and fabulous breakfast when paired with eggs!
Hanukkah is approaching and whether you eat brisket on this holiday or not, or whether you celebrate or not, I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you my super simple, super flavorful brisket recipe!
The brisket is… juicy, flavorful, and melts in your mouth!
Simple Slow-Cooker Brisket & Hearty Brisket Tacos
Write a review
6 hr 10 min
6 hr 10 min
- 2 lb. grass-fed brisket
- 1 large onion, slice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 1/4 cup Muir Glen Organics Ketchup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Remove meat from the refrigerator and let sit for 10-20 minutes
- Season lightly with salt and pepper
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp oil of choice and brown each side of the brisket for 2-3 minutes
- While Cooking, slice onions and mince garlic and line the crock-pot with the two
- Remove brisket and place on top of the bed of onions and garlic
- In a bowl whisk together coconut sugar, ketchup, beef broth, salt and pepper
- Pour over the brisket and set on low for 6-8 hours
- Once done, remove and shred the brisket
- Make a batch of taco shells and stuff with your favorite add-ins*
- *Add-ins: I made mine winter festive with butternut squash puree, roasted butternut squash, peas, and cranberries, and roasted carrots
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes. I was compensated for the time spent developing this recipe. All opinions expressed on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are always my own. My sponsors help make this blog possible!
Are you a brisket fan? What is your favorite type of meat?
Loading nutrition data...