Fourth of July weekend is coming! Whether you are headed to a BBQ with family or friends or hosting a get together of your own, you’ll need a classic festive cake for the all the parties! Let’s make the most perfect (AND nut-free) vanilla cake topped with an easy buttercream and garnished off with tons of fresh fruit (red and blue for good measure)!
Gluten-Free 4th of July Cake (Nut-Free)
This super easy cake is a great gluten-free and nut-free cake recipe for any occasion! Top it with your favorite fruit, clean sprinkles, and other naturally colored frosting flavors for a perfect grain-free cake recipe!
If you’ve seen my new gluten-free cake recipe, you know it’s pretty epic! BUT I get a lot of requests for a gluten-free cake that is nut-free and made with no almond flour! This cake is for you.
This cake is…
- Fluffy and moist
- Gluten, grain, dairy, and nut-free!
- Topped with a perfectly sweet and fluffy buttercream
- July 4th, Memorial Day, and Labor Day festive!
- And loaded with fresh local, in-season berries!
Want other festive paleo desserts? Try these favorites:
Watch the video:
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 8 inch round pan
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (sift if flour has clumps)
- Add in wet ingredients and whisk together
- Pour cake batter into cake pan
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Using a hand mixer, cream butter then slowly add powdered sugar and whisk to combine for 8-10 minutes
- Let cake fully cool before frosting
- Garnish with raspberries and serve