This one-pot Lemon Roasted Lemon Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Capers, and Artichokes is such a flavorful and hearty dish! The perfect dinner for those nights you want as little clean-up as possible! Whole30 compliant, paleo-friendly, nut-free, and egg-free!
Lemon Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Capers, and Artichokes
It’s starting to feel like Winter is on the horizon. Heavier jackets have started coming out, and I woke up to a text of a backyard cover in snow this morning! In lieu, this week’s Savory Sunday is here with a cozy Autumn/Winter meal that is loaded with bright and delicious flavors. This dish was a major hit; the chicken fell right off the bones and it is extremely simple to throw together, a one pan wonder! Perfect for a Sunday night family dinner, or a meal prep for your work week.
How to make roasted chicken
Want other chicken recipes? Try these:
- 8 skin-on, bone-in organic chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 crushed, 2 whole
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup artichokes in juice
- Optional: 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dash Himalayan sea salt, more to taste
- Dash freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- In a medium dutch oven, heat oil over high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and season well with salt and pepper. In stages, sear chicken on both sides. Should be around 5 minutes each side.
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, lemon slices, artichokes, crushed garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and pepper
- Add the seared chicken back into the pan and pour the lemon juice mixture over it. Sprinkle with additional freshly ground pepper, sea salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Roast, uncovered, in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and no pink remains.
- Serve hot!
- *To make the chicken have extra color, broil on high for 1-2 minutes after roasting.