This One-Pot Apple Cider Braised Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon is the perfect fall meal! Packed with vegetables and hearty autumn flavor, this dish will be the hit of any dinner, weekday or weeknight! Made in partnership with Shenandoah Valley Organic!
The salty bacon, sweet apple cider sauce, brussels sprouts, and perfectly cooked fall off the bone chicken is the ultimate flavor combination for when you are craving something comforting!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Shenandoah Valley Organic for today’s awesome dish. SVO is a locally minded company that prides itself in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. Their Farmer Focus line allows you to actually see what farms your chicken is coming from, since each package you pick up at the store has a Farm ID for easy navigation on their website!
Dairy-free, grain-free, low-carb, minimal ingredients and one pan for easy clean-up = fall dinner WIN in our book!
One-Pot Apple Cider Braised Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Pat the chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
Sear chicken until brown on both sides in the dutch oven. This should take about 5 minutes per side.
Take chicken out of the pan and set aside on a plate.
Add the leeks, garlic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and cinnamon. Stir well, making sure to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of th pan. Cook until leeks are translucent.
Add in the brussels sprouts and stir until combined. dijon mustard and thyme. Stir well.
Pour in the apple cider and mix until everything is well combined. Make sure all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan have been scraped up. Cover and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat, and add back in the chicken. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Take the chicken, brussels sprouts, and thyme sprigs out of the pan. Set the thyme aside, and place the chicken and brussels sprouts on the desired serving dish.
Add maple syrup to the sauce and bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat. Whisk frequently until the sauce has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, this should take around 5-8 minutes. Taste and adjust mustard, sea salt, and black pepper based on desired taste.
Pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with bacon and thyme and serve warm!
Loading nutrition data...
Find SVO in a store near you by plugging your zip code into their store locator here. This post is sponsored by Shenandoah Valley Organic. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
These Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls are the perfect low-carb, grain-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 compliant make ahead meal! Delicious Mexican cauliflower rice paired with homemade pico de gallo, avocado, and perfectly seasoned grilled chicken is meal prep perfection. Made in partnership with Shenandoah Valley Organic!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Shenandoah Valley Organic to bring you today’s post! SVO is truly one of my favorite chicken companies because they pride itself in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. Their chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics.
On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised.
Their chicken is seriously amazing. You can literally taste the quality! Their business model is one that I love. It’s a farmer focused one; created by farmers, for farmers. It was created this way to provide the highest quality organic chicken at an affordable price while encouraging healthy eating and cultural awareness.
These burrito bowls are a game changer. An amazing chipotle crema, fresh pico de gallo, marinated chicken, and all the fixins’!
Plus, this Mexican-style cauliflower rice is AMAZING.
1. Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a bowl and add the rest of the wet rub ingredients. Mix until chicken is well coated in the spice rub.
2. Grill chicken for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is opaque and fully cooked through. If using a grill pan, cover the pan during the cooking process to make sure the chicken cooks through.
3. While chicken is on the grill, prepare the cauliflower rice. Heat a medium skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in cauli rice and the rest of the ingredients and saute for 5-8 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked through. Take off heat and set aside. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
4. Once chicken is cooked through, let cool, dice and set aside until ready to eat.
5. In a separate medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Add in sliced onions and peppers. Saute until onions begin to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
6. Add pico de gallo ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside until ready to eat.
7. Add chipotle crema ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
8. Assemble bowl: Place cauliflower rice on the bottom, top with grilled chicken, sauted onions and peppers, black beans if using, pico de gallo, scallions, and a drizzle of chipotle crema.
*This is a great meal prep item! Prep all of the ingredients the day before, and then simple assemble the bowl when ready to eat!
Loading nutrition data...
This post is sponsored by Shenandoah Valley Organic! All opinions are always 100% my own.