Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pasta
This Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pasta is the perfect light Italian-style dish that comes together in no time!
When I received Ali’s newest cookbook, Inspiralize Everything, in the mail, I was immediately so excited. Ali has created an awesome online resource for all things spiralized, she has her first cookbook which was fabulous, so I knew I would just love her second book!
This book is beyond gorgeous and packed with so many recipes all categorized by various vegetables. I can’t wait to make the Turkey, Spinach, and Hummus Roll Ups as a snack, and the Winter Lasagna with Butternut Squash, to name a few!
I have been eying the Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip pasta, but I had summer squash from the farm leftover, so I decided to spiralize it and sub that in, and man was it delicious! I love light Italian meals that are flavorful but not super heavy!
I highly recommend you picking up a copy of this fabulous cookbook if you love your spiralizer as much as I do!
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip Pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 parsnips, peeled, spiralized with blade d, noodles trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pasta
This Zucchini Noodles with Scallops is a super delicious lightened version of scallop pasta using zoodles. This quick weeknight dinner is perfect for summer time. It’s gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
Zucchini Noodles with Scallops
This year I joined a local CSA and cannot believe it has taken me this long to get involved in one. So many of you ask how to shop and eat clean on a budget, and I highly recommend joining a local CSA to help with your shopping. For the money we spent for the 20 weeks, the amount of produce we get weekly is AMAZING. I am making all the fresh veggies with dinner. And lunch. And breakfast!
Like this delicious Zucchini Noodles with Scallops!
Probably one of the easiest, most delicious, light dinners around.
Perfect for SUMMER!
Ingredients Needed for Scallop Pasta recipe:
- Fresh Scallops
- Butter or oil
- Broth (Vegetable or Chicken)
- Lemon Juice
- Summer Squash or Zucchini
If you like this seafood recipe, check out these others:
- One Pan Moroccan Fish
- Paleo Air-Fryer Fish Sticks
- Mahi Mahi Tacos with Tropical Salsa
- Sheet Pan Cod with Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
If you like this zoodle recipe, check out these others:
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
- Seared Scallops with Zucchini, King Oyster Mushroom, and Summer Squash Spaghetti
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Homemade Meat Sauce
- Creamy ‘Pasta’ Alla Vodka
What is your favorite Summer dinner?
Easy Scallop Pasta
If you have been here a while, you know I’m all about the spiralizer these days! I love pasta, so it really is the perfect way to satisfy that pasta craving- BUT WITH VEGGIES. So much yes!
This Creamy Pesto Chicken “Pasta” is flavorful, delicious, full of good-for-you ingredients, and makes the perfect nutritious dinner for your family.
This weekend was kind of relaxed. We laid low and managed to have a fun-filled day of registering *gasps* for our wedding! We binge-watched The Jinx (a new HBO Documentary short series), and I met my girlfriends for brunch yesterday. A nice relaxing weekend for busy week ahead! Cooking for Passover, heading to NY, taking care of wedding stuff, blog work, gym time, and so much more. Busy busy busy. That’s why I need to fuel up with dinners like this.
Protein, good-for-you fats… the works!
What is your favorite type of pasta dish? How do you fuel your mind & body for busy weeks?
Creamy Pesto Chicken “Pasta”
So… March is here!! I think I can speak for all of us when I say I am ready to say good-bye to the Winter and welcome Spring with open arms (and pray that the cold is past us and that I didn’t just jinx it).
You’re going to love this Vodka Sauce. Serve it over zucchini linguine and watch it quickly become a staple in your house. A dairy-free creamy vodka sauce loaded with crispy prosciutto, shallots, basil, and garlic. It is heaven.
My blogging girlfriends and I are back with another collaborative post for you! This month it is all about the SPIRALIZER aka spiraled veggies turned into healthy spiralized meals! There are a few reasons why I love the spiralizer. One because it makes the perfect alternative for linguine/noodles, and two because you can literally spiralize SO. MANY. VEGGIES.
It’s amazing. Really.
Lets get right to it!
Jerk Shrimp with Plantain Noodles from Brittany of Eating Bird Food
Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles from Davida of The Healthy Maven
Paleo Pad Thai from Kelly of Nosh and Nourish
Garlic Sriracha Hash Browns with Baked Eggs from Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
Sweet Potato Noodles with Orange Beef from Taylor of Food Faith Fitness
And now I bring you, my Creamy ‘Pasta’ Alla Vodka! I think of childhood when I think of vodka sauce. One of my best friends and I always used to order it before our weekly art classes. The rich creamy sauce over pasta. Nothing better! I bring you a dairy-free creamy vodka sauce loaded with crispy prosciutto, shallots, basil, and garlic. Mike asked tonight if we can have it again for dinner tomorrow! Serve it over zucchini linguine for the perfect dinner!
How do you spiralize? What is your favorite spiralizer dish?
Creamy 'Pasta' Alla Vodka
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 14 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. jar diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Tito's gluten-free vodka
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Dash pink sea salt, more to taste
- Dash freshly ground pepper, more to taste
Creamy ‘Pasta’ Alla Vodka
This Cajun Garlic Shrimp Paleo Noodles recipe is the perfect 20 minute meal! Whole30-compliant, easy, and delicious with a little kick of spice!
Cajun Garlic Shrimp Paleo Noodles
This simple weeknight dinner isn’t complicated, but tastes absolutely fantastic! Using only a handful of ingredients this easy Paleo Noodle Bowl has tons of veggies and cajun garlic shrimp with a little bit of a kick.
Now, because this is paleo, there aren’t actually any noodles in this recipe. Instead I use zucchini noodles. I love my spiralizer. I use it at least once of week and usually don’t stray far from my beloved zucchini linguine. And it works perfect here as gluten free noodles!
- Cajun seasoning
- Avocado Oil
- Red Pepper
- Spiralized Zucchini
- Green Onions
Check out these other Paleo Shrimp Recipes:
- Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Grilled Caesar Salad With Blackened Shrimp
If you like this quick weeknight paleo dinner, check out these others:
Cajun Garlic Shrimp Noodle Bowls
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 10-20 jumbo shrimps, detailed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Spiralize your zucchini using a spiralizer or even a mandolin will work, set aside
- Combine cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss with shrimp
- Heat butter and garlic in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in red pepper and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in cajun shrimp and let cook until opaque.
- In a separate pan heat remaining tbsp of butter and lightly sauté zucchini noodles for 3 minutes.
- Place zucchini noodles in a bowl and top with garlic cajun shrimp and veggie mixture.
- Taste and add salt and seasoning as desired.