This Zucchini Noodles with Scallops is a super delicious lightened version of scallop pasta using zoodles. This quick weeknight dinner is perfect for summer time. It’s gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
Zucchini Noodles with Scallops
This year I joined a local CSA and cannot believe it has taken me this long to get involved in one. So many of you ask how to shop and eat clean on a budget, and I highly recommend joining a local CSA to help with your shopping. For the money we spent for the 20 weeks, the amount of produce we get weekly is AMAZING. I am making all the fresh veggies with dinner. And lunch. And breakfast!
Like this delicious Zucchini Noodles with Scallops!
Probably one of the easiest, most delicious, light dinners around.
Perfect for SUMMER!
Ingredients Needed for Scallop Pasta recipe:
- Fresh Scallops
- Butter or oil
- Broth (Vegetable or Chicken)
- Lemon Juice
- Summer Squash or Zucchini
If you like this seafood recipe, check out these others:
- One Pan Moroccan Fish
- Paleo Air-Fryer Fish Sticks
- Mahi Mahi Tacos with Tropical Salsa
- Sheet Pan Cod with Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
If you like this zoodle recipe, check out these others:
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
- Seared Scallops with Zucchini, King Oyster Mushroom, and Summer Squash Spaghetti
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Homemade Meat Sauce
- Creamy ‘Pasta’ Alla Vodka
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 lb. fresh scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 3-4 summer squash or zucchini
- Season scallops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon set aside to drain. Drain all fat but 1 tablespoon.
- Add in scallops and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Once seared, remove from pan.
- Heat butter or oil in a the now empty skillet and add onion and garlic. Cook until beginning to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- To the pan add in broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring up to a boil and then lower the heat.
- Add back the bacon and the scallops and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes, until broth thickens slightly and flavors meld together
- Taste, add in basil, and adjust spices as desired.
- Use your spiralizer to spiralize squash.
- In a skillet heat an additional tbsp of oil or butter and sauté veggie noodles for 5 minutes, tossing often
- Place noodles in a bowl, top with scallops and sauce, add additional fresh basil and garnish with bacon
What is your favorite Summer dinner?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!