If you are looking for a pizza crust that is hearty, delicious, and filled with veggies, this Paleo Eggplant Pizza Crust is for you. My traditional pizza crust is my go-to when I am craving a traditional thin-crust pizza dough, but I can’t get enough of this veggie packed version!
I love pizza. I mean, I REALLY love pizza. I personally don’t go for the store-bought gluten-free pizza crusts, or store-bought gluten-free cookies, crackers, etc. for that matter. I
often don’t find these things to be healthier then the regular options, just allergy-friendly. So, I opt to invent.
Making a crust that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and healthy? That’s delicious? I’ll take two, please! I have made tons of pizza crusts; from flatbread to cauliflower-based and this one takes the cake with the best reviews in my house!
Such a great way to get your kiddos to add more veggies into their diet!
Eggplant Pizza Crust
- 1 large eggplant, pealed and grated
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, more to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted tomatoes
- Sautéed spinach
- Sautéed onions
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and grate eggplant into a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Prepare topping ingredients and set aside.
- Wrap grated eggplant in cheesecloth or a dish towel and squeeze over a bowl to remove excess water.
- Place eggplant back in a large bowl and add in the rest of the crust ingredients. Mix until well combined and form dough into a ball.
- Place pizza dough on parchment paper and roll out until the dough is 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the pizza dough and carefully flip it over onto the new piece of parchment paper.
- Bake on the other side for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings of choice and place back into the oven. Broil on high for 5 minutes.
- This recipe was updated on 1/10/2017. Don't roll the dough out too thin!
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!