Paleo Eggplant Pizza Crust [VIDEO]
If you are looking for a pizza crust that is hearty, delicious, and filled with veggies, this Paleo Eggplant Pizza Crust is for you. My traditional pizza crust is my go-to when I am craving a traditional thin-crust pizza dough, but I can’t get enough of this veggie packed version!
I love pizza. I mean, I REALLY love pizza. I personally don’t go for the store-bought gluten-free pizza crusts, or store-bought gluten-free cookies, crackers, etc. for that matter. I
often don’t find these things to be healthier then the regular options, just allergy-friendly. So, I opt to invent.
Watch the video:
Making a crust that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and healthy? That’s delicious? I’ll take two, please! I have made tons of pizza crusts; from flatbread to cauliflower-based and this one takes the cake with the best reviews in my house!
Such a great way to get your kiddos to add more veggies into their diet!
Eggplant Pizza Crust
- 1 large eggplant, pealed and grated
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, more to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted tomatoes
- Sautéed spinach
- Sautéed onions
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and grate eggplant into a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Prepare topping ingredients and set aside.
- Wrap grated eggplant in cheesecloth or a dish towel and squeeze over a bowl to remove excess water.
- Place eggplant back in a large bowl and add in the rest of the crust ingredients. Mix until well combined and form dough into a ball.
- Place pizza dough on parchment paper and roll out until the dough is 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the pizza dough and carefully flip it over onto the new piece of parchment paper.
- Bake on the other side for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings of choice and place back into the oven. Broil on high for 5 minutes.
- This recipe was updated on 1/10/2017. Don’t roll the dough out too thin!
September 6, 2013
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!