This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Chicken Wings with Mango-Chili Sauce are a delicious addition to any Summer BBQ! The Mango-Chili sauce is so tasty with a hint of smoky flavor, and compliments the wings perfectly! Throw them on the grill or in the oven for a perfect appetizer or main any night of the week. These wings are made in partnership with the National Mango Board.
I am so excited to partner with my friends at the National Mango Board to bring you today’s recipe!
Mangos are a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and fiber and are a great lower calorie snack at 100 calories a cup! Plus, they are SO flavorful, juicy, and delicious!
These wings lasted about 2 hours in my house. Marinated to perfection with just the right amount of smoky heat, we could not get enough!
I am always on the lookout for flavorful recipes to make for Summer gatherings with friends and family and these wings will definitely be a hit! Blend the sauce, marinate the wings, toss on the grill and devour! The perfect combination of sweet and smoky with just the right amount of spice!
Chicken Wings with Mango-Chili Sauce
- 3 large mangos peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon organic molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 pounds chicken wings about 24, wingtips removed, or drumettes rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Place all of the mango-chili sauce ingredients, except for the chili paste, into a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth. Stir in the chili paste and taste. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat with 1/2 cup of mango-chili sauce, set the rest of the sauce aside for later. Sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Grease a grill or grill pan. Grill the wings for about 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- While wings cook, place reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water until the desired consistency is reached. If the sauce is too thin, continue to cook until thick.
- Toss chicken wings in 1/4 cup of sauce (or brush sauce on them) and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and diced mangoes, and serve with remaining mango-chili sauce on the side for dipping!
This post in sponsored by the National Mango Board. All opinions are 100% always my own! Check out the National Mango Board’s tutorials on How to Cut a Mango and Selecting and Storing a Mango! They are both great tools for all your mango needs.