Healthy Gingerbread Muffins
Warm and inviting, these Healthy Gingerbread Muffins are bursting with seasonal flavors! These cozy paleo winter muffins come together easily, are made gluten-free with almond flour, and the perfect healthy muffin recipe for a holiday brunch or as a snack!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Muffins
Nothing says December like these warm gingerbread muffins. These grain-free muffins are so simple, moist, and delicious. They have a light and fluffy texture and a spiced gingerbread flavor. Add in some dark chocolate chips or dried cranberry to really make them festive! Serve them for brunch or for a snack. Nobody will know these muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly!
Ingredients for Healthy Gingerbread
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- All Spice
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Honey or Maple Syrup
How to Measure Almond Flour
If you have an electronic kitchen scale at home, it’s best to use it here to measure almond flour. Almond flour can be tricky to measure as it can be easily compacted, even straight from the bag. The same goes for coconut flour too since it’s such an absorbent flour. Even a small measuring error with coconut flour can impact a recipe. So we’ve included the weight in grams here. Any electronic kitchen scale can switch between grams and ounces. Since grams are more precise we’re use that. If you don’t have a scale: whisk almond flour until it’s lightened up and lightly scoop the almond flour or coconut flour into the cup measurement and level it off.
Healthy Gingerbread Muffins as Gifts
We are all about giving gifts made with love! These muffins would be great to bring as a hostess gift or to a gluten-free friend!
Watch the video:
If you like this muffin recipe, check out these others:
- Cranberry Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
- Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins
HEALTHY GINGERBREAD MUFFINS
Warm and inviting, these Healthy Gingerbread Muffins are bursting seasonal flavors! These cozy paleo winter muffins come together easily, are made gluten-free with almond flour, and the perfect healthy muffin recipe for a holiday brunch or as a snack!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups (195 grams) almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt.
- Whisk together eggs, applesauce, sweetener and vanilla in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in any optional additions.
- Scoop batter 3/4 of the way up the muffin well.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe was originally published in 2015, and rephotographed and the recipe updated to yield more muffins in 2019.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 354g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Pin it for later:
December 7, 2019
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!