It is getting chilly outside and I know just what I’m doing this weekend! I’ll be inside whipping up a batch of these Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Muffins, because nothing says December and a comforting holiday breakfast like a warm gingerbread muffin.
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Muffins
Watch the video:
Slice, slather with butter, repeat.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin tin or line muffin tin with silicone muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix.
- Fold in add-ins (chocolate chips).
- Pour batter into muffin tins, a little more than halfway to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This makes 6 large muffins. Keep as is to make 12 mini muffins, or to make 12 large muffins follow as directed:
- Change almond flour to 2 cups
- Change applesauce to 1/2 cup
- Add 2 tablespoons spectrum organic shortening or coconut oil
- Change honey to 1/3 cup
- Everything else stays the same!
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American Express are my own.
What is your favorite holiday treat?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!