These Oven-Baked Keto Zucchini Fries are low-carb, paleo-friendly, flavorful, and the perfect side dish to any accompany any meal! Serve them with a delicious roasted garlic mayo dipping sauce and you’ll make a zucchini lover out of anyone!
Oven Baked Keto Zucchini Fries
It’s zucchini season: the time of year when everyone is either harvesting bushels of zucchini from their own backyard, or on the receiving end of somebody else’s backyard stash. These easy-to-make zucchini fries are the perfect way to use up your ever growing pile. These zucchini fries are PACKED with flavor and so crispy on the outside. They make the perfect side dish any night of the week, or a really great snack. They’re paleo, gluten-free and keto friendly and will make anyone a fan of zucchini. Serve with the suggested roasted garlic mayo or warm marinara sauce and you’ll be in love.
Are Zucchini Fries Healthier than French Fries?
A big yes to this! These low-carb zucchini fries are “breaded” with gluten-free almond flour which is packed with protein. In addition zucchinis have a ton of nutrients including Vitamin B6 and anti-inflammatory phyto-nutrients. Plus, they’re delicious! Zucchini has a way of taking on any flavor it’s baked with, so we made sure to pack in the flavor in the breadcrumbs.
How to Get Crispy Zucchini Fries
This recipe is quite easy, but to ensure crispy fries follow these tips:
- Make sure to dry off the zucchini after it has been cut. Soggy zucchini means soggy fries.
- Bread the zucchini well, and don’t wait too long between breading and baking.
- Make sure to pre-heat the oven.
- Leave space in between the zucchini fries on the sheet pan to ensure proper crispness.
If you like this zucchini recipe, check out these others:
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Linguine with Homemade Meat Sauce
Watch the video:
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into a "fry shape"
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- 2 eggs
Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Dry zucchini slices with a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parmesan.
- In a separate shallow bowl crack eggs and whisk together.
- Dip zucchini strips into egg, then dredge in 'breadcrumb' mix. Make sure they are well coated.
- Lay flat on baking sheet leaving space in between each fry. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way to ensure even baking until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While zucchini fries are baking prepare the roasted garlic dip. Roast garlic: Slice the end off the garlic cloves and place in a ramekin or small baking dish coated with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven with the zucchini fries. Roast the garlic for 20-25 minutes, or until soft. Or see note for prepared roasted garlic.
- In a bowl mash the roasted garlic until soft. Add the mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Place in serving dish of choice and set aside.
- Serve the zucchini fries warm with the roasted garlic dip.
- If you are looking to skip the step of roasting garlic, some stores have roasted garlic pre-made in prepared foods section, or antipasto section. At Whole Foods they have roasted garlic in the specialty cheese section.
- These zucchini fries also taste great with a side of warmed marinara sauce.
- This recipe was originally published in July 2013, photos updated March 2017 and republished with updates on recipe for clarity and a new video in July 2019.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!