This Paleo Jambalaya is a delicious healthy take on the classic Louisiana dish! Loaded with just the right amount of spice, sweetness, and hearty flavors, it is the perfect low-carb comfort food for any night of the week! Paleo-friendly, Whole30 compliant, and so simple!
I love a dish that can be adapted, and this one is just that; add your protein of choice (maybe I’ll add some chicken in next time), and watch the spicy and savory flavors meld together so nicely. Make it even more guilt-free by making a garlic-y cauliflower rice to serve it with!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 links Andouille chicken sausage, or chicken sausage of choice
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14.5 oz. fresh or canned organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Garlic-y Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp and sliced sausage, let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in sliced onions, red pepper, and spices, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Using a food processor or cheese grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency.
- In a medium-sized skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice, seasoned vinegar, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, until cauliflower rice has cooked through.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to desired serving bowl. Pour jambalaya over rice, garnish with parsley and serve warm!
This recipe was updated April, 2017.
If using precooked sausage, slice and add it in step 2.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 191mg
August 23, 2013
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!