This Paleo Jambalaya is a delicious healthy take on the classic Louisiana dish! Loaded with just the right amount of spice, sweetness, and hearty flavors, it is the perfect low-carb comfort food for any night of the week! Paleo-friendly, Whole30 compliant, and so simple!
I love a dish that can be adapted, and this one is just that; add your protein of choice (maybe I’ll add some chicken in next time), and watch the spicy and savory flavors meld together so nicely. Make it even more guilt-free by making a garlic-y cauliflower rice to serve it with!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 links Andouille chicken sausage, or chicken sausage of choice
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14.5 oz. fresh or canned organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
Garlic-y Cauliflower Rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp and sliced sausage, let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in sliced onions, red pepper, and spices, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Using a food processor or cheese grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency.
- In a medium-sized skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice, seasoned vinegar, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, until cauliflower rice has cooked through.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to desired serving bowl. Pour jambalaya over rice, garnish with parsley and serve warm!
- *This recipe was updated April, 2017.
- **If using precooked sausage, slice and add it in step 2.
Loading nutrition data...
There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you! However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use in my own home! Thank you for supporting Lexi's Clean Kitchen when you shop! See my disclosure policy for more info!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!