Italian night! Who needs real pasta? Spaghetti Squash Boats are a huge hit around here. They are filling, tasty, and fun to eat. They go perfectly with my homemade meat sauce or meatballs.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large organic carrots, minced
- 1 pound organic grass-fed beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, more for garnish
- Optional: Serve with fresh parmesan
- Optional: Garnish with fresh Basil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ℉ and line a sheet-tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out seeds, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and place face down on the parchment lined sheet-tray. Roast for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and remove from heat.
- Once the spaghetti squash has cooled, take two forks and fluff the threadlike spaghetti within the boats so it is no longer attached to the walls of the squash. Top the spaghetti squash with meat sauce, fresh basil, and cheese if using.
- Serve hot.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!