This Egg Roll Soup is an easy, weeknight dinner that is full of the flavor of an egg roll, without any of the fuss of wrapping and frying! This veggie and pork soup is family friendly and would make great leftovers! We also offer options to make it vegetarian, and it’s already Paleo, Whole30 and Keto friendly too!
Easy Egg Roll Soup
If you’re looking for a weeknight dinner win, you’ve found it with this deconstructed egg roll made into a soup! It really taste like an egg roll only it isn’t fried, which makes it an easy, cleaned up version of your favorite Chinese take-out appetizer! This low carb soup is super filling and is a family friendly dinner. The best news is you can have this on the table in about 30 minutes and everybody will be satisfied.
What ingredients do you need for this paleo egg roll soup?
- Ground pork (but feel free to make this vegetarian by substituting in mushrooms here)
- Red pepper
- Fresh ginger
- Beef broth
- Green cabbage
- Coconut aminos (this is a soy free substitute for Tamari or Soy sauce)
- Fish sauce
- Rice wine vinegar (you can substitute white wine vinegar, or lime juice if you don’t have this)
Can you make this soup ahead of time?
Soups are the ultimate make ahead meal and it’s freezer-friendly! This would be a great meal prep item to make a double batch of. Freeze some to eat later, and eat some throughout the week for lunches or dinners.
If you like this soup recipe, check out these others:
- Lasagna Soup
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup (Vegan!)
- Healthy Broccoli Soup
- Meatball and Veggie Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 cups water
- ½ green cabbage (about 16 ounces, or 4 cups), cored and diced to 1” pieces
- 2 large carrots (about 2 cups), shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (see note)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot add oil and brown pork, about 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add another splace of oil if the pot is dry and then add onion, red pepper, ginger and salt. Stir and cook until vegetables beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water and scrape up any browned bits. Add cabbage, carrots and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- If you don't have rice wine vinegar, you can substitute white wine vinegar or lime juice.
To make vegetarian: substitute in mushrooms for the pork, and veggie stock for the beef broth.