I am so thrilled that it’s finally release day for my fabulous friend Gina, from Skinnytaste! Gina is beyond sweet, so genuine, and so talented!
Her new cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, is now available in stores everywhere, and it is TRULY an amazing and beautiful resource. Gina’s hard work does not go unnoticed in this cookbook! All of the recipes are either cooked slow in the slow cooker, or are quick under 30 minute meals. My two favorite things!
I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you today. We devoured it so quickly!
Gina has a whole chapter on TACOS (my favorite), and recipes like Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup (page 53), Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken Drumsticks (page 167), Slow Cooker Carne Desmecjada (page 195), Slow Cooker Vanilla Bean Pear Butter (page 291), and Slow Cooker Pumpkin Flan (page 298). I just cannot wait to get cooking!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- 7 ounces ground pork
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce*
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups finely sliced napa or green cabbage
- 2 cups finely sliced baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium scallions, sliced
- Set a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and cook, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small pieces as it browns, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cabbage, bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Pour in the remaining 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce, the rice wine, and sesame oil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage and bok choy are wilted but still crunchy, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
- *I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Loading nutrition data...
Congratulations, Gina! Find her newest cookbook in stores everywhere books are sold, or on Amazon! It’s a must-buy!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!