Happy Friday, gorgeous!
Today for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, I want to walk you through an easy, nutrient-dense, delicious, and filling weeknight meal.
This encrusted salmon is just SO good and satisfying. Plus, it comes together quickly, perfect for those busy weeknights.
I’m really into this dinner, you guys! I can’t stop making it.
Once you make your homemade horseradish (you might cry a little as you open your food processor), you simply add the remaining ingredients, slather your salmon, and cook.
Ready to devour.
Surprisingly, when you cook the horseradish, it makes this amazing crust and isn’t a super strong horseradish-y taste. Just a whole ‘lotta goodness!
Horseradish Encrusted Salmon
Write a review
- 2 cups horseradish root, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash fine pink sea salt
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup horseradish
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- Optional: herbs of choice
- Optional: 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 lb. wild-caught salmon filets
- Combine horseradish root and water in food processor
- Pulse until horseradish is ground
- Remove and add sea salt and vinegar*, mix well
- When ready to make your crust, line baking sheet with foil or parchment and lay salmon out
- In a bowl combine crust ingredients and mix to combine
- Brush over salmon filets
- Broil on high for 7-9 minutes
- *The longer you wait to add vinegar, the stronger the horseradish will be.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/