Garlicky Blistered Green Beans [VIDEO!]
These Garlicky Blistered Green Beans recipe from my cookbook are a once-a-week type of side dish and certainly perfect for a holiday meal! Crispy, flavorful garlic and greens cooked just right. Made in one pan, they start on the stove-top in an oven-safe skillet, then head into the oven for the perfectly blistered green beans!
These green beans are the perfect holiday side dish! I wanted to share them with all of you, because they are easy to prepare, nutritious, and SO delicious. I love the blistered green beans with all of the crispy, fragrant garlic! If you’re looking for the perfect holiday or weeknight veggie, look no further!
What are the benefits of green beans?
The fiber content is very high in green beans! They provide some of your daily protein requirements, and they also act as an easy source for acquiring vitamins like A, C, K, B6, and folic acid.
Serve this side dish with these main dishes:
- Balsamic Mustard Pork Chops
- Horseradish Encrusted Salmon
- Loaded Italian Meatballs
- Pecan Popcorn Chicken
Like this side dish? Try these other great side dishes:
- Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash
- Perfectly Roasted Veggies
- Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Healthier Creamed Spinach
From my cookbook, I love serving them with Nanny’s Potted Chicken and the Braised Short Ribs!
Watch the video:
Garlicky Blistered Green Beans
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the ghee for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring to avoid burning.
- Add the green beans and sauté, mixing often, for about 10 minutes, until fork tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and turn the broiler to high.
- Place the skillet into the oven and broil the green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly crispy and browned, watching to avoid burning.
December 18, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!