Baked Chicken Thighs with Creamy Lemon Greens
A no-fuss dinner that everyone will love, this one-pan oven-baked chicken thigh dish is the perfect way to celebrate Spring. Bone-in chicken thighs are given a spice-rub and then baked up together with some greens and white beans before being tossed with lemon and greek yogurt for the perfect creamy citrus sauce. These Baked Chicken Thighs with Creamy Lemon Greens are made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Baked Chicken Thighs with Spring Greens
I always love a good one-pan dinner, but when it involves crispy chicken thighs and creamy spring greens—I’m obsessed! This dish feels fancy, yet it’s so simple to put together.
To make it, you quickly sear off some bone-in chicken thighs that have been rubbed with a few pantry spices, and then toss in some onions, a ton of spring greens and white beans before baking the whole pan in the oven. Once it’s done, greek yogurt and lemon are folded into the greens which result in a super simple, but super delicious creamy sauce. The resulting dish feels both hearty and light at the same time!
- Bone-In Skin-On Chicken Thighs
- Spring Greens
- White Beans
- Greek Yogurt
- Spices: Cumin, Coriander, Paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- Onion + Garlic
Chicken: This recipe was designed for bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs, but if you really wanted to, you could swap out the type of chicken you use. The baking time might need to be adjusted.
Spring Greens: The recipe calls for kale and chard, but you can really use any of your favorite greens such as spinach or collards.
Beans: Can’t have beans? Feel free to omit from the dish.
Greek Yogurt: This is the key for a creamy sauce with very minimal effort. You can use traditional greek yogurt or dairy-free. Or, if you wanted you can swap it in for our dairy-free go-to cashew cream recipe. It makes things creamy without any dairy at all.
Why We’ve Been Buying Farmer Focus Chicken for Years
Chicken is the star of this dish, so it is incredibly important to use the best quality chicken! I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus to share this one-pan crispy chicken thigh dinner. If you’ve been a reader for a while, you know Farmer Focus has been my go-to, trusted chicken for years because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality meat grown on family-owned farms. You can 100% taste the difference. I love knowing that when I pick up Farmer Focus chicken at the grocery store, it’s the best there is and I don’t have to question whether it was raised in a humane way.
Farmer Focus is building partnerships with farmers through their innovative Farmer Focus Business Model
What I love about Farmer Focus is that they are a company that promotes and protects generational family farming. They partner with over 60 family farms. These farmers are all dedicated to bringing organic, humanely raised and traceable chicken to your table, and I just love that!
Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter Farm ID that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it, so you can learn more about where your chicken comes from. I love that accountability! On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised!
Farmer Focus chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics.
You can also use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you.
Steps for Making Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
We love how simple this dish is! But there are a few steps that need to happen to get this one-pan chicken dinner on your table!
- Season chicken thighs with spices, salt and pepper.
- Pan-sear chicken, skin side down, and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic and wilt down the greens.
- Add in rinsed white beans and return chicken to the pan, and bake!
- Stir the greek yogurt and lemon into the greens to make that creamy sauce, and serve!
Watch the video here:
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these others:
- Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- One-Pan Paleo Cashew Chicken
- Chicken Buddha Bowl with Spicy Mango Sauce
Baked Chicken Thighs with Creamy Lemon Greens
A no-fuss dinner that everyone will love, this one-pan oven-baked chicken thigh dish is the perfect way to celebrate Spring. Bone-in chicken thighs are given a spice-rub and then baked up together with some spring greens and white beans before being tossed with lemon and greek yogurt for the perfect creamy citrus sauce.
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- 6–8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 big bunch kale, de-stemmed and cleaned
- 1 big bunch swiss chard, de-stemmed and cleaned (or other leafy green)
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans (butter beans, cannellini or navy), rinsed and drained
- ⅓–1/2 cup greek yogurt (or cashew cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with cumin, coriander, paprika, ½ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat oil in large (about a 12” pan) oven proof skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken skin side down. Cook until the skin is crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add onion, and cook until the onion is beginning to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in ½ of the greens, and cook until beginning to wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the remaining greens and cook until mostly wilted. Shut off heat.
- Stir in beans and remaining salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up, and bake in the preheated oven until the chicken has cooked through to 165ºF, about 18-22 minutes. If desired, you can broil the chicken for 1-2 minute at the end to get the skin extra crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to serving plates. Add the greek yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest to the greens and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding in more greek yogurt as needed for creaminess. Serve the chicken with the creamy greens immediately.
Depending on how large your chicken thighs are, a large 12″ skillet will hold between 6-8.
Need this to be dairy-free? You can use a dairy-free greek yogurt or use this recipe for cashew cream.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 673
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 962g
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 55g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
May 26, 2021
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!