This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Balls will be your new favorite no bake energy balls recipe! Packed with Montmorency tart cherries, coconut, made with dates, and added almond flavor, these paleo energy balls are the perfect make ahead snack to fuel your day! They are vegan, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients! Made in partnership with the Cherry Marketing Institute!
Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Balls
I am so excited to partner with my friends at the Cherry Marketing Institute to bring you today’s energy ball recipe! U.S.-grown Montmorency tart cherries can be enjoyed year-round, and you can find them dried, frozen and in canned forms, in addition to juice and concentrate. Today, we’re using dried tart cherries because they are nutrient-dense and perfect for your bite-size energy snack!
Why do I choose Montmorency tart cherries? Well, let’s get a little science-y for a second! For one, they are abundant in anthocyanins – a natural compound that contributes to the ruby-red color and distinctive sour-sweet taste. This phytonutrient, a type of flavonoid, is also behind the potential health-promoting properties of Montmorency tart cherries. From exercise recovery to sleep and heart health to inflammation, like soothing arthritis symptoms these Montmorency tart cherries have been credited with an array of health advantages! I also love how the tart flavor pairs with the almond extract, coconut, and cashews!
These no bake energy bites are the perfect snack to have on hand in the fridge during a busy work week! Grab one or two and have a filling bite-size snack that tastes DELICIOUS and is nutrient-dense!
How do you make no bake energy balls?
You need a few simple ingredients to get these balls rolling!
- Montmorency Tart Cherries
- Shredded Coconut
- Almond or Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
Want to try other no bake energy ball recipes? Here are some favorites energy bite recipes:
Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Balls (No Bake!)
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews can use raw or roasted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Add dates to your food processor and process until broken up into pea-sized bits.
- Add in coconut flakes, dried tart cherries, cashews, extract and a pinch of salt.
- Process until well-combined. This will take 3-5 minutes. Mixture should just start to come together into a large ball, but be careful not to over-process as the oil will start to separate from mixture.
- Roll the mixture into 12 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Let firm up in refrigerator or freezer before serving. You can always (optionally) drizzle your bites with melted dark chocolate or roll them in additional shredded coconut flakes.
This post is sponsored by the Cherry Marketing Institute. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love their tart cherries and think you’ll love them too! Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!